Bloodstone gemstone is also called heliotrope mineral. It is basically composed of chalcedony or jasper mineral with red color inclusions of hematite.
The name of the gemstone is derived from the presence of the mineral hematite, which exhibits red color thus, it is called Blood stone.
This gemstone had also been referred to as the birthstone for month March in earlier days. The gemstone is famous for its red and dark green color. The ultimate compositions of these two colors are responsible for its unique name.
Origin of Blood stone:
Primarily the Blood stone is found from India following Madagascar, China, California, Australia, and Bulgaria. Moreover, recently a new outcrop of Blood stone is found on the island.
History of Blood stone:
The existence of this charming gemstone lies back in the history. The stone was hugely being used in the ancient times.
The glimpses of their existence and high uses can be deduced from historical books, myths, and ancient folklore. It was said that in Christianity that the blood stone came into existence during the crucifixion process of Jesus.
During the above process, the blood of Jesus dropped on the jasper stone placed under his feet.
The red color blood of Jesus wrapped around the jasper stone and gave rise to this rare and ultimate gemstone blood stone. As per historical texts, this gemstone was also described as the “martyr gemstone”.
Physical Characteristics of Bloodstone:
- The bloodstone is one of the valuable gemstones. It is immensely valuable due to its spellbinding color properties.
- The color of this stone ranges from green to bluish-green comprising few traces of red and yellowish color which altogether displays a unique color.
- Aside from this, the reason behind the importance of the gemstone is due to its excellent hardness characteristics.
- The bloodstone is a rigid gemstone which can’t be scratched easily. The bloodstone is composed of silicon dioxide and has the trigonal structure that makes this stone so hard.
The benefit of wearing Bloodstone:
- Aside from its exceptional physical structure, the Bloodstone is also famous for its metaphysical characteristics and healing properties.
- Who Wear this gemstone will disparate the pain of stomach and hemorrhage.
- The gemstone also improves the blood circulation in the body and also curbs diseases related to the blood.
- Moreover, the bloodstone is a great healing stone and as per Christian tradition, it is accustomed that wearing bloodstone will bring the mystical power of the Sun into their lives. Since it is said that the bloodstone holds the healing properties of the Sun.
- The bloodstone also protects an individual against upcoming tragic events by alarming him/her about the situation. The stone also guards a human being against the evil spirit and black magic.
- The bloodstone is quite benevolent for the zodiac signs like Aries, Scorpio, and Pisces. Thus, those individuals who are born under this zodiac sign must wear bloodstone to avail the positive powers of this stone.
Question: What is the name of blood stone?
Answer: heliotrope mineral
Question: The name Blood stone of this stone is comes from which language?
Answer: Greek language.
Question: Earlier Blood stone was supposed to be the birthstone of which month?
Question: Which kind of gemstone blood stone?
Answer: Opaque Gemstone
Question: What is the color of blood stone?
Answer: The colors of the blood stone are green, blue with drops or inclusions of red or yellowish color.
Question: The Blood stone is related to which religion?
Question: What are the origins of bloodstone?
Answer: India, California, Australia and Brazil
Question: Who should wear Blood stone?
Answer: Aries, Pisces, and Scorpio
Question: Doe’s blood stone is a hard or soft stone?
Answer: It is a hard stone
Question: What is the structure of blood stone?
Answer: Crystal structure.