One of the rarest gemstones in the world, Tanzanite is blessed with abundant beauty. This gemstone was discovered for commercial use only in the 1960s.
And even though it is fairly a new find as compared to other popular gemstones, it is gaining quick fame thanks to its gorgeous blue color and the subtle hint of purple or violet that it carries within.
The stone displays different colors when viewed from different angles. This is why it is a pleochroic gemstone.
When looked under the sunlight, this gem exhibits a blue tone, and otherwise, the stone shows purple, red and yellow hues. When seen in candlelight or under indoor light, you might catch a hint of burgundy with earthy brown tones.
Where is it from?
First discovered in 1967 at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, this gemstone can also be found in Kenya. Nevertheless, as the name suggests, the gem’s commercial deposits are more or less confined to northern Tanzania.
Tanzanite mines are situated in the Merelani Hills, near the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro and the city of Arusha.
Belonging to the silicate family, the Tanzanite stone is a calcium aluminum hydroxyl silicate. Made up of the blue colored mineral zoisite, the gem got its name Tanzanite when Tiffany and Co. renamed it to evoke customer attention towards the gemstone.
Having an orthorhombic crystal structure, this gemstone rank 6.5 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness.
Why would you use Tanzanite?
There are various benefits that the stunning Tanzanite stone has to offer in this day and age. Given below are some of the reasons why you should use Tanzanite:
- Many people find it difficult to concentrate on one task without any disruptions. This stone helps them by increasing their creativity and helping their mind to stay stable without being bothered about interruptions and distractions of any kind.
- A powerful gemstone that it is, Tanzanite also helps in developing psychic abilities and enhances the intuition of the wearer.
- The gemstone is quite beneficial in developing a greater sense of self-control.
- For those who want to know their inner selves better, this gemstone acts as a boon. It connects a person to their deeper level and helps them discover the reason for their existence.
- The incredible energies that this gemstone carries make it easier for the wearer to improve their intellect and strategic thinking.
- In this era where communication has become the key to success, many people still struggle to express themselves easily. This is where this gemstone can assist. The energies stored in Tanzanite are beneficial in improving the communication skills of the wearer, turning them into a confident communicator.
- By removing lethargy and the feelings of laidbackness, this gemstone helps in making a person active and gives a much-needed boost to their inner strength.
- The gemstone is equipped with powerful spiritual energies which help in connecting the wearer of this gemstone with the divine power.
How to use Tanzanite for the best results?
To make the best possible use of Tanzanite, there are a few guidelines that one must remember. Let’s take a look at these guidelines:
- If you wish to increase productivity at work and want to get rid of the excessively burdensome work pressures, then placing this gemstone in the office or work area is highly recommended.
- Placing this stone in the workplace also brings in creativity and helps in improving focus and concentration.
- The stone should be placed in a calm and peaceful place. One can keep it in the prayer or meditation room or even in the bedroom if it located in a silent place.
- For those who want to enjoy a peaceful sleep, placing Tanzanite under the pillow can help.
- When it comes to taking care of the gemstone, it must be handled with utmost care as it is fragile and is quite vulnerable to cracks if handled roughly.
- Also, it is important to keep the stone away from extremely high temperatures.
- To be able to experience the powers of Tanzanite, it is advised to give the stone sometime as it is a slow acting stone. Therefore, the native must keep it close or wear it for a long time to enjoy its benefits.
Tanzanite Combining with other gemstones
You can combine this beautiful stone with other gemstones including aquamarine gemstone, charoite, Anyolite, sodalite.
Other gemstones that combine well with tanzanite are high vibration stones such as diamond, Satyaloka Quartz, Clear Apophyllite, Pink Petalite, Danburite, Herderite, Tibetan Tektite etc.
You can also combine it with other violet flame stones like Pink Lazurine, Purpurite, Sugilite and Amethyst Crystals to create a stronger healing outcome.