Yellow Sapphire Gemstone (Pukhraj), Yellow sapphire is one of the most widely use gems to help achieve better financial status. The wearer may expect wealth, good health, name, honor, and fame if the Gem suits him or her.
It is also believed that if there are obstructions in finding a suitable match for a girl, she gets married early by wearing a Yellow Sapphire. This is normally light yellow in color.
Pukhraj gemstone is a cold gem. It improves vision, gives life security, protects ones from poverty, removes adversity, misfortune, and melancholy.
In diseases, yellow sapphire also cures diarrhea, gastritis, ulcer, rheumatism, jaundice, insomnia, heart troubles, impotency, gout, arthritis, pain in knee joints, etc.
Yellow sapphire gemstone should be wear in gold, on 1st finger of right hand on Thursday. The weight should be about 5 or 12 carats.
Physical Properties of Yellow Sapphire Gemstone
- Yellow Sapphires are simply crystallized alumina (Al2O3) and in their pure form are devoid of color.
- Sapphires are found in various colors which include pink, blue, green, yellow, orange and white.
- In India, Yellow Sapphire is call as Pukhraj and Blue Sapphire is call as Neelam.
- It has a specific gravity of 3.99, mean refractive index (RI) 1.765 and Hardness of 9 on the Moh’s scale.
The Origin of Yellow Sapphire Stone
Sapphires are find in India, Brazil, Sri Lanka, Russia, Thailand, Australia, U.S.A, U.K., Nepal, Mexico, Zambia, and Nigeria.
In India, Sapphires are find in Jammu. These are consider to be the best in the world. Few sapphires are also find in Orissa but they are not of very high quality.
Identification of Yellow Sapphire (Pukhraj)
- Natural Sapphires carry within them clear signs of slow crystallization. Some of the external elements sometimes remain preserved in the Gem which helps its identification.
- Like all other precious gems, it should have inclusions which should be visible to the naked eye or under magnification. Otherwise, it is a piece of glass or a synthetic substance.
- The inclusions are generally like ‘feathers’ or are like fingerprint impressions. Liquid inclusions, looking like lace is also sometimes visible.
- Synthetic Sapphires are very common in the market and many traders in order to earn fast money selling them as originals.
- These are very clear and under magnification show bubble-like inclusions. Sometimes feather like inclusions have also seen, but they shine abnormally under the light.
Wearing Method of Yellow Sapphire Gemstone
- It’s very important before wearing any gemstone we should know it’s methods and the importance of every stone.
- Talking about Yellow Sapphire/Pukhraj, one should not wear pukhraj gemstone less than 3 ratti.
- The Mantra of “Graam Greem Graum Sah Gurve Namah” is required to be chanted with full belief and dedication while wearing.
- Bring pure cow milk and keep it in a small container. Keep the gemstone ring inside the milk for an hour.
- Remove the ring from milk and then wash it with water preferable holy water like Ganga Jal.
- Thursday would be the most preferable day of wearing this gemstone. Wear the ring on the first finger of your right hand.