In our day to day life, we often struggle against adversity and hope to have all the luck that we can get when we are looking to apply for a job, sit for an examination or choose to enter a matrimonial relationship. To protect ourselves from dangers and have the support of celestial forces that can guarantee our success in every walk of life, it is necessary that we wear our birthstones that can bring us the luck that we rightfully deserve. So let’s have a closer look at what are birthstones and how a natural gemstone can become a birthstone for us.
What is a birthstone?
A birthstone is basically a type of gemstone which is intimately associated with the month of birth of an individual. The birthstones are generally worn as a pendant or some other kind of jewelry.
History of birthstones
The birthstone origins have often been mired in history although most scholars believe today that they go back to the earlier Biblical times where certain gemstones were associated with specific months of a calendar year. The original concept during these ancient times focused on colors of these gemstones instead of the gemstones themselves. It was believed that by wearing the specific stone ascribed for each month, one can benefit from the talismanic-like qualities associated with those stones. The idea of stones being related to people born on a specific month was not something that had become a dominant concept at that period. The modern idea of birthstones is commonly believed to have come from the 18th century Poland. The Jewish gem traders of Poland brought with them ideas and concepts that later morphed into the modern concepts ofbirthstones.
Eastern ideas about birthstones
The eastern cultures of the world such as in India also have a similar concept of birthstones. However, there is an important difference with them. In India, the birthstones are associated with different types of celestial bodies instead of the birth month. An astrologer is consulted to determine which gemstones should be worn by a person and the way it is going to affect him or her in different walks of life. The nine gemstones that are mostly used in Hinduism are associated with the nine planets, like the sun, moon and planets like Jupiter and Saturn. This can actually help in achieving better results with these gemstones.
The birthstones by month
Here is a list of birthstones that you should know about when you are looking to find the lucky stone for your fortunes. Learning about birthstone by month can make it easier for you to have greater control over your life.
- January is the month of wearing Garnet. Wearing the garnet stone can not only improve your health but also keep you happy by removing all negative thoughts.
- Amethyst is the birthstone for all men and women who are born in the month of February. This stone can greatly improve a person’s creative skills and also help in developing better communication skills.
- The birthstone for March is definitely the aquamarine as it can strengthen your intuition and imagination. You can also wear bloodstone as it is also considered as the birthstone for people born in this month.
- The person who born in the month of April, the diamond is for that people.. Wearing this gemstone can bestow worldly success and also help people in the affairs of the heart.
- Anyone born in the month of May should wear their birthstone Emerald for the diverse benefits it has to offer. Emerald can improve the function of the mental faculties and also make it possible to achieve great success in career.
- If you are born in June, you should wear pearl, alexandrite or moonstone as these birthstones can definitely improve your health and well being. They are also ideal for cultivating your imagination and beauty.
- Ruby is the July birthstone that can bring you confidence and success in all your endeavors.
- Peridot and spinel are gemstones for the month of August. These stones can definitely enhance the natural vibration of the men and women born in this time of the year.
- The sapphire gemstone is considered to be the birthstone of people born in September. Wearing this stone can actually help in achieving greater wisdom and good fortunes.
- Opal and tourmaline are birthstones for people who are born in October. These stones can trigger positive vibrations like love, passion, creativity, enthusiasm and optimism.
- The birthstones topaz and citrine are perfect for those born in November. These stones can bring a lot of joy, abundance and positive health.
- The people born in December should definitely wear turquoise, zircon or tanzanite as their birthstone. These stones can bring strong healing vibrations and also get rid of mental problems.